Did you ever want to play your Nintendo 64 games with a wireless controller, but couldn't find a viable solution?
You don't need to wait any longer!
The N64 BlueRetro Controller Adapter is a an adapter for the Nintendo 64 that allows you to connect bluetooth controllers like the PS4, PS5, XBOX, Nintendo Switch, RetroFighters Brawler 64 BT (incompatible at the time of writing, but RetroFighters are working on adding compatibility via a firmware update) and most other BT based controllers. Even the Nintendo Switch Online Nintendo 64 Controller works!
Not only that, but it also adds 4 banks of virtual memory paks for your saves, that you can download and backup through its web interface! It can also emulate a rumble pak, if your controller supports rumble!
* Remappable buttons
* Easy to use web interface
* Over the Air firmware updates
* Plug & Play
* Rumble and memory pak support (virtual)
Here's a nice review that shows how versatile it is and how the Webinterface works:
Plug the adapter into your Nintendo 64 console.
The LED will start to flash, this indicates pairing mode is active.
Pair the controller of your choice
After the controller is paired, it will automatically connect after a button press from now on
* Short press (outside BT inquiry mode): Disconnect all Bluetooth devices from the adapter.
* Short press (BT inquiry mode): Cancel Bluetooth pairing mode.
* 3 second hold: Enable Bluetooth pairing mode (new pairing).
* 10 sec hold: Factory resets the adapter to default configuration and clears BT pairing keys.
* Solid: An error occurred, try shutting off your console and re-plug the adaptor.
* Pulsing: Bluetooth pairing mode active (pairing).
* Off: No errors, Bluetooth pairing mode disabled, controller connected.
Web Config Information:
Web Config is only available if no controller is connected. Supported only in Desktop or Android Chrome.
How to access the Web Config:
* Power on system and connect via Web Bluetooth at BlueRetro Config to configure adapter. Button remapping and preset instructions can be found here.
Updating firmware via Web Config (OTA FW update):
Download the latest firmware from the BlueRetro GitHub page.
Unzip the firmware file. Open a tab/window in your web browser and navigate to Blueretro Update
Click “Connect BlueRetro” button. Select the “BlueRetro_n64_spiffs.bin” from the unzipped firmware folder.
The “Live Output” will scroll through with the update process.
On a PC, the update can take around 5 minutes. On Android, the update can take significantly longer.
Depending on the state of your Nintendo 64 Power Supply, it may have a hard time to power 4 adaptors simultaneously. In our tests with four adapters on one system, everything worked out fine, but be aware that it could cause problems if your power supply is not in a good state.
This adapter is made possible by the amazing Blueretro open source project by Darthcloud: GitHub