We produce the xStation under license completely in Germany, it's available from stock and ready to be shipped!
We thus support the domestic economy and can ensure a high quality production.
The xStation is basically the Everdrive for the PlayStation: The old CD drive is replaced by a MicroSD card slot - and you can comfortably load all your games directly from SD card! Perfect for all those who want to preserve their collection - or for whom the drive no longer works properly (which should be the case for many).
The highlights of the xStation:
* Full compatibility with the PlayStation 1 library.
* Full redump drag and drop support
* Supports multi-CD games and easy switching
* Return to loader by holding the reset button for 1 second
* PS1Digital compatibility and IGR support via PS1Digital's OSD menu
* microSD cards of any size are supported
* Supports ExFAT and FAT32
* Supports .iso, ccd/img, cue/bin (single and multiple)
* Region free (due to built-in PSNee), you don't need another modchip
* Automatic 50/60Hz switching
* Load times are slightly faster than an original drive in good condition.
* Easy firmware updates - just copy it to the SD card - done!
* No registration required for updates, you can also downgrade without any problems.
The xStation can be installed in original PlayStation consoles of the SCPH-100x, SCPH-5xxx and some SCPH-700x series.
Some of the SCPH-700x models have a PU-20 motherboard installed - this will not work. A PU-18 motherboard is required.
Some early SCPH-100x models have a PU-7 or an early PU-8 motherboard installed - unfortunately this one doesn't work either, here you need a late PU-8 motherboard.
A nice overview of the different models and motherboards can be found in this wiki.
More information as well as detailed installation instructions can be found in the official wiki.
Please choose which QSB you need!
Soldering skills are required to install the xStation! We can't guarantee for consoles that are defective due to a faulty installation!
If you don't have the confidence to do it yourself, we can do the installation for you. All you have to do is send us the console as soon as the xStations are available (we will inform you accordingly). In this case please select that you want us to do the installation for you.
Here is a short video showing the installation: