The RetroHQ 7800 GameDrive cartridge allows you to play all your Atari 7800 games and homebrew directly from a memory card with many other extras built in!
The 7800GD has all the additional audio chips you'll ever need, including 2 POKEY chips for DUAL POKEY music, a YM2151, COVOX audio for sampled sound and BupChip for blasting sampled music.
The 7800GD also features a unique RGB video and audio out port* on the cartridge iteself allowing you to play your 7800 (and 2600) games in glorious RGB using a compatible Mega Drive 2 style video cable!*
As if all of this wasn't enough, the 7800GD also allows you to break into your games, save your state, load previous states, enable cheats or just return to the game menu and load another game. And to make all of this even easier, there is also the Mega 7800 which allows you to use Mega Drive and MasterSystem controllers on the 7800 and access game breaking features at the touch of a button! The Mega 7800 is included in this bundle!
In addition, the Mega 7800 allows using the Master System Light phases as well, so you can easily play Light Gun games!
Please note that the break function is only working with Atari 7800 games, not with Atari 2600 ones.
Also note that while the cartridge loads and plays PAL, NTSC and Multiregion ROMs, but it does not CONVERT the games. So while some PAL games might run without issues on NTSC systems and the other way round, a lot will have issues.
So make sure to use the proper region ROM for your console.
Also make sure to use properly headed A7800 ROMs, if the header is broken, they won't be loaded.
And for the software developers amoung us, there is a serial port on the side which allows you to upload and run code directly from your PC. 7800Basic has support for uploading to the 7800GD and will have support for using the Mega 7800 within your own homebrew games!
* Please note: many modern televisions have issues with video signals from old consoles like the 7800, for best compatibility a CRT is recommended or a good quality up-scaler such as the RetroTink5x Pro when used with a modern television. Other upscalers can work, but will be very dependant on your speicifc television.
* Save State and Cheat support (only for VCS7800 games, not for VCS2600 games)
* Crystal-Clear RGB output using a standard MegaDrive 2 RGB Cable - without the need to modify your console
* Plays VCS2600 and VCS7800 games
* Compatible with PAL and NTSC systems - make sure you use ROM files with the same system as your console
* Audio enhancement chips (Dual Pokey, YM2151, Covox, BupChip) which can be used by games
* Serial support that allows uploading games directly from your 7800Basic SDK