PC Engine / PC FX Anthology - Classic Edition
336 pages full of games and hardware information about the PC-Engine / PCFX
This item has been sold
The PC Engine, and its extended family, have undeniably left their mark on the video game world. Their genius could have, and should have changed the landscape of video games at the end of the 20th century... The creation of the PC Engine, the arrival of its American alter-ego, the Turbografx-16, the CD-ROM², the SuperGrafx, and the PC-FX are at the heart of one of the most exciting periods of time for video games, during the late 1980s and 1990s - when market leaders Nintendo thought themselves untouchable. The PC Engine / Turbografx-16 & PC-FX Anthology beautifully pays homage to the console ecosystem of NEC and Hudson Soft, its creators.
In the middle of the 1980's, at a time when the NES/Famicom reigned as Master of the world of video games, a publisher named Hudson Soft, and an electronic Magnate named NEC joined together to create a system of avant-garde electronics inspired by the universe of Micro PCs... As such the PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16 in North America) was born.
It’s undeniable that the PC Engine was advanced for its time. The graphics, the animations, the CD-ROM drive, its very existence established the basis of a new way of understanding video games. We’re going to take a look at the development of NEC and Hudson Soft’s powerhouse of a machine.
In this chapter, we have listed and reviewed all Japanese and North American games on Hucard, TurboChip, CD-ROM², Super CD-ROM², Arcade Card, TurboGrafx-CD, Super CD, SuperGrafx, CD Games Express, PC-FX and Laser Active. More than 900 games get their moment in the spotlight.
CLASSIC EDITION CHAPTERS:
* The History Of The PC Engine & PC-FX
* The Complete Library (PC Enigne, CD-ROM², SUPER CD-ROM², TurboGrafx, SuperGrafx, PC-FX, Laser Active)
* Non-Official Games, and Homebrews
* Collector's Corner
* The PC Engine Galaxy
* NEC & Hudson Soft Playing "Games" With The Media
* Trim size: 8.50x10.5 inches (216x267mm)
* Language: English
* Cover: 4 pages, 4-color, Pantone, mat lamination, sport gloss UV varnish
* Paper Cover: Gloss coated, high density
* Inside: 336 pages, 4-colors printed on 135 gsm gloss coated paper
* Binding: Hardcover, thread sewn, 2mm thick cardboard, head & tails, shrink wrapped
- Book Type
- Binding Type
- Geeks Line
feedback Report comment